Wednesday, December 2, 2009

One of a Kind!

Note: This post was written a little while ago, but I couldn't download pictures to go with it until now.
Scott and I joke about who Tyson takes after more (or whose random quirks he got). Between Scott's logical side and my quirky side, I think Tyson is a good mix. First, Tyson loves numbers (ahem...Scott). He knows 2 and 6 and 8 (don't ask me why those stand out to him) but whenever he sees one on a wall or sign, he'll shout it out. He loves to count things out even though he's not saying all the numbers..it's just jibberish (well, except the 2 and 6) but he has the intonation down.

Tyson loves puzzles, coloring and his new favorite thing, singing songs. Most mornings when I go to get him out of his crib, the first thing he says is, "E-i-e-i-o!" from Old McDonald.

He's also big into organizing things in lines and rows. We spent a good half hour lining up these toy milk cartons in front of the tv on the stand and then moving them to the side of the tv and then back again. Over and over.

We've done this with sharpie markers, lining them in one spot and moving to another to line them up again.
Everyday I find his cars sitting like this on the piano. Today we reached an all time low. We lined up mom's "stuff."(Please excuse his outfit. He was half dressed for the day.)

He saying more and more. Some of my favorite phrases are "Aww Man!" (similar to what Swiper the Fox says on Dora). He says, "Cute" all the time. He says it in this high voice and draws the word out. He'll say it about a soft blanket or a fuzzy animal and he'll come up to me and rub my hair and say it. Makes me laugh.

He's definitely a child that keeps us entertained.
Hopefully I'll get a Thanksgiving post up soon, but I hardly have any pictures. My sister took most of them:)

3 comments:

Erin said...

That is hilarious! The picture with the "stuff" will be a good blackmail picture in the future. I have a similar one of Bryson. They'd better watch their backs!

Ashlee said...

He is so cute and has some very funny little quirks. Since he pulled out your stuff, you better watch out, one day when company is over he'll pull out your nice "napkins."

Hafen Crew said...

That is just too funny, he's one cute little boy. How about our kids get together and Tyson can teach them to organize instead of Destroy, Destroy, Destroy! I'm glad you guys had a Happy Thanksgiving.