Friday, September 19, 2008

Almost done!

Lots of people have asked how our house is coming along. I've been terrible about taking pictures of it and updating. I drove by today and took a picture and then walked to the park near our house and stopped to push Tyson in a swing. They should be doing drywall next week and they gave us the closing date so far of November 12 which I'm so excited about. We've been kind of cramped here and have been infested by bugs, I think from the cockroach family. I had a visitor in my bed recently. Gross! Anyways, here are pictures of our house now and Tyson sporting some killer shades. He seriously is the happiest baby. He's learning to play by himself more now that he can sit up and he is just all smiles most of the day.


Yesterday I got to go and pick out the color of our cabinets, countertops, carpet and linoleum. It was so fun! Scott let me go by myself, because after 4 years of marriage, he's learned his opinion doesn't matter much when it comes to decorating and because he trusts I won't turn our house into a crazy looking place. It's probably not a very good picture but this will be our flooring and carpet and the little square is our countertops.

We have enjoyed Omaha so far and it's been a fairly easy transition. Our ward has been great. We've been invited over to different family's homes for dinner or games. They are just so friendly and outgoing here which is great. Fall is soon approaching and that means winter. I seriously get a pit in the bottom of my stomach when I think about it. It's going to be so cold...no one has told me otherwise, they just tell me its really bad. I think I may become a hermit in the winter months. Oh well.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yea,your house looks so fun. I would love to come a slap somr paint on the white walls. I am available for Juanita sewing service ASAP. Enjoy the sun while you can and book those tickets to AZ sun. Love my little Tyson boy!
Love, Grandma

Kristin said...

I forgot how big your house is! Yeah this is getting exciting. Now you just need to cut loose and buy some stuff to put in it. Come on Kim- your mom and I have taught you well! PS. I love the glow of your childs legs! He is so cute!

Matt and Amie said...

Dont worry. You wont be the only hermit this winter! Wisconsin winters are the worst ever! Im not ready for another one. Your house looks great! How fun to own a house! ......one day!

Get Bent said...

Wow...Nov 12 is right around the corner. Your house is so cute!
How exciting!

JP said...

LOVE the house! I can't wait for you guys to be in it too...I know how much you love bugs! Ew. That Tyson is so stinking cute. Way to go getting your teeth big guy!

Shanna said...

OH I love your house! And good work picking out all the stuff! That a girl! You taught your husband well and just go pick it out yourself. ;) And give those chubby legs a good kiss for me! I love them! :)

DK Johnston said...

Your house is so cute! I love all the stuff you picked out. Looks like fun! It will be so nice to have a park close too! I dig Tyson's shades. I am SO glad I am not the only one freaking out about cockroaches. I need to call you so we can chat. If you need to escape that winter weather..I know a pretty warm place about 14 hours south of you:)

Hafen Crew said...

Your house looks really nice and big. YAHOO! I'm glad you're almost in it. You and Tyson should come down and spend a weekend before it becomes winter, because I don't think I'm going anywhere either. :) I'm glad you're ward has been good. That makes it really nice. I can help you buy things for your house. I love shopping for home items like your mom and kirsti, we do have a hobby lobby about 40 miles from here. Do you have one there? I know you love that place.

The Runyons said...

Your house is so cute! You've made great selections. Save your pennies for when you come to Utah for Stevens wedding. It's the best place for home decor! Let me know if you need a shopping guide ;o) Tyson is getting so big. What a cutie!

Megan said...

The house looks awesome! How exciting to know that it is almost done! It is really fun to pick out new thing for the house you will have a blast!

McKelle said...

Hooray! I'm sure you'll be so glad to get into your new house!! Tyson is such a cutie! Love the shades!