Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Pioneering...

Scott and I were called to be Trek parents back in April I believe. We were excited to go and it took a lot of preparation. It was this past weekend and I have lots of pictures but decided to post them on a new blog so that all of our "kids" could see them. I figured you may not want to go through them all. However, I'll put the link up so that you can see them if you want. My parents came up from Arizona so that they could watch Tyson for us, which gave me a lot of comfort while we were away. The separation was not easy, but we could secretly take our cell phones to check up on him. He was a happy boy and did just fine! Thank you so much Mom and Dad!! Besides watching Tyson, they helped paint a room, stained a shelf and hung it in Tyson's room, hung many more things around the house. My mom helped me make a flower arrangement to go in the alcove above the fireplace and designed a collage of pictures to hang on my bare wall! She also helped me re-arrange some items on my kitchen planter shelves which gave it much better flow. When are you next available to come out mom and dad??

Before the trek...I know what you are thinking...and it has something to do with being super jealous of our clothes! Starting out the trek with our kids

Enduring lots and lots of rain and lots and lots of mud. I've never been so muddy, dirty, and wet in my whole life!
Our group of kids on the last day and our poor banner that was tied to the back of our cart. Our name was the "Stormin' Mormons."

It was such a fun experience and I'm glad we had the chance to go. We grew a lot in many different ways. I'd definitely go back and do it all again in a heartbeat!

Click here to go to our Stormin' Mormon blog to view all the pictures and read a more detailed account of what happened on our trek.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was great fun to be a part of it all. We loved watching Tyson and learning all his funny little habits. We come to help. We love you and miss you all. MOM

JP said...

Hey, could you ask your amazing babysitters/interior decorators to come watch my baby and revamp my house?? I'm sure I could think of a reason to skip out with my husband for a few days...:) And yes, I was feeling jealous of the clothes.

Ashlee said...

You guys looked FANTASTIC!!

Stephanie said...

It all looks like so much fun. I looked at your other blog with all the other pictues and does Scott have stubble? He is always so clean shaven. I'm glad you got to sneak a cell phone, I'm sure that eased the worry. Cute git-up by the way/

Mark and Tamarie said...

What great lookin pioneers you guys are. We're of course feeling very jealous of the clothes.

TURNER TALES said...

Great pioneers you are!! However, I do not recall the REAL pioneers ever wearing plastic rain coats during their treks through the mud & yuck!! Way to survive the trek!! Love you!!

Amber said...

That was such a sweet story about Scott giving away his coat during the trek. It sounds like you guys made a great "ma and pa". I'm glad that Tyson did so well for your parents. It is hard to leave them for the first time, but it is so nice to be able to leave them with someone you trust so much!

Hafen Crew said...

Love, Love, Love the outfits! You guys really went through it. WOW!! Stormy weekend. Sounds like you had fun though. The river crossing pics are awesome. That would be a highlight :)
Sorry the 4th kinda fell apart. We'll get together before summer is over!
Aren't mom's...and dad's the best when they come. lots gets done

Stephanie said...

We are in Lincoln and my Mom was making rolls and Lauren pointed one out for Tyson, so we showed her a picture of Tyson on your blog.