Monday, August 17, 2009

Visitors!

Scott's parents came out to visit us last week and it was fun to take them around to all the church history sites. We love having visitors! Here is Scott, Tyson, and his parents outside the Winter Quarters visitor center. We went on the hottest day of the year so far (100 deg...which may not seem to hot to some, but add in the humidity and its a different story). The boys also went golfing that same morning and Laurel (Scott's mom) and I took Tyson to the zoo. It's always good to sweat off a few pounds!
One day we took a day trip down to Kansas City (about 2 1/2 hours away) and saw Liberty Jail, Independence, Far West, and Adam-Ondi-Ahman. Tyson did so good in the car...the trick to keeping him happy the last hour of the drive....rocks! We found some when we stopped for dinner and he wanted to take them with him. We played a game which included hiding the rocks in his carseat, finding them, and then singing a song/dancing when we found the rocks. I apologize to my in-laws for singing the same song over and over in the car ride home! Now he Tyson is obssessed with picking up rocks and bringing them in the house. He will be my boy that bring bugs, dirt, and rocks home in his pocket to show to me. Apparently, I was the child who did that with my mom, so I guess its only fair. Anyways, here he is taking a break from the Independence visitor center tour, to play in the kids room. This kid would run from place to place. He rarely walks...just runs and its fun to see his cheeks jiggle up and down when does!
Scott and his mom at the Adam-ondi-Ahman look out. We've never been there before either so it was a fun stop. Not a whole lot to see but was beautiful.
Their visit seemed to go by fast because we crammed so much in at one time, but we had lots of fun! Thanks for coming out to see us!
(We welcome any and all visitors...)

5 comments:

melbel said...

Hey, I'll be a visitor this week! ;)

What a fun little trip! I don't think I go to Kansas City often enough because there's lots to do for somewhere not so far. And isn't the city Liberty so cute? It's just a fun little town...we saw the liberty jail there quite awhile ago. Glad you had good times!

Shanna said...

I didn't realize you lived so close to all that. That is so neat. I think we should come visit you! :)

Kristin said...

Finally, no more feathered friends. Just kidding sister. I'm glad you had a good visit. Try to get Scott excited about my visit. I know he can't wait.

Hafen Crew said...

I'm glad you had some visitors and got to do something fun with them. I think that Independence and all those places are so pretty. Ryan will be jealous. I think that's where he really would love to live!

Angie Prusse said...

Hey! I saw you at the airport taking your parents home on the 11th. I was coming home that day and waiting for my husband to pick me up and I saw you dropping them off. I had been meaning to email you about it and then I saw this entry. Fun stuff! Glad that you had fun with them!