Tuesday, July 28, 2009

My feathered friends...

Those in my ward know that I've been trying to find ducks around our area. I've been asking around and been to two lakes and 4 ponds with no sign of ducks. I got it in my head that Tyson would just love to feed the ducks and I was just trying to plan a fun activity! I even had been carrying around bags of bread in my car in case we found some on our way home from somewhere. Well after all that searching, Scott finally found some (at a pond I'd already checked)! Well, not exactly ducks, but geese, but at this point I would take anything I could get. So Scott and I head over to the park and to where the "ducks" were sitting in the shade and tried to get them to eat our bread. Most were not too interested, but we did get a few followers. However, Tyson really had no interest. He wanted to play in the dirt, chase a dog that was walking by and play with dad on some pull-up bars in the park. So what do I get out of this long awaited, built up event? Me, by myself, feeding the geese, while Scott is getting a kick out of this and taking pictures!
Starts like this...Ends like this...they were getting a little to close for comfort (I'd heard mean things about geese).

Where is Tyson you may ask?...

Off doing this....And this...

And this...Any pictures of him feeding or even near the geese? No.

11 comments:

Tyson and Angela said...

That is way too funny! That is the pond right by my house! Who knew you were in my neck of the woods checking out our geese! ;)

McKelle said...

That's hilarious! Good try though! I've been there where you think your kids are "gonna just love this" but your kids could care less! It happens to the best of us!

Shanna said...

lol! Oh kimmy, you make me laugh! I love it!

LindaLou said...

Fun, Fun! I do like the pictures of Tyson doing his thing. You are still a teriffic mom! Love ya, MOM

Stephanie said...

Bummer. I'm sad that Tyson didn't care about your activity. Laruen wants to type a note to Tyson:
ikfjf jk

Well we'll be back tomarrow, so we should get the kids together.

Turners said...

This is awesome! Hope you had fun anyway :) Hilarious! Sounds like something that would happen to me..

Hafen Crew said...

You are so stinkin' cute!! I love your pic feeding the geese! You were smart to run. They are mean...Dallin has been goosed by one. Haha!

Kristin said...

2things:
1. I laughed outloud when I saw the picture of you feeding the ducks by yourself.
2. I'm very impressed with the amount of blog post as of late. good job.

Get Bent said...

That is hilarious. I'm glad you found some "ducks" to feed though! I always had fun doing that growing up. =)

Danielle said...

Well, atleast you found some ducks for your own amusement!

Kristin said...

Obviously I praised you too much on my last comment. I might need to remind you that it is in fact the middle of August.