Tuesday, July 17, 2012

The end of our trip...

We checked out of Aspen Grove on a Friday morning, headed to Scott's parents house to do a ton of laundry, repacked our bags to fly out to San Antonio for a house hunting trip that night! Kind of crazy but it worked perfect to have Scott's parents and sisters watch the kids while we were gone.  I knew they would be in good hands and have so much fun playing with cousins that they would hardly miss us, but I was still nervous about leaving them. I've never left them for more than 24 hours and I was worried Camille would have a meltdown. She loves her mama and is my little shadow.  Turns out they did great and had a great time!  And so did we!  We went from our kids being watched almost all day for a week and never cooking to spending 4 days by ourselves. We were definitely spoiled!
Here were are outside the Alamo.  It is smaller than I expected, but maybe because its sandwiched between taller buildings downtown. But cool nonetheless! 

Then we hit the Riverwalk which a really cool atmosphere.  We had dinner along the river...so fun!



We also visited the temple there.
And as you can see...no pictures of a house because we have yet to purchase one! We need our house in Omaha to sell first!
We got home early on the 4th and went to a fun park with the kids and also stopped by to see my grandparents an aunts in South Jordan.


Tyson and Camille both enjoyed Grandpa's walker as it provided many rides around the house.

Tyson was so good to give grandpa and "monster squeeze hug" and a knee shot too...oops!

He gave grandma a gentle hug.

Aunt Jill and Aunt Jean!
I sure love these people and I am so glad that my kids can know their great grandparents.  Grandpa Turner and Camille share the same birthday in August!

We drove home the following morning and did it all in one day.  We did another batch of laundry, Scott did yardwork which had been neglected for 2 weeks.  And we also celebrated Scott's 30th birthday a week early because we would be miss spending it together.  What a bummer of a birthday so I made his favorite chocolate cake!  He left the next day to drive to San Antonio. It was a crazy few days and I'm glad I had the leftover chocolate cake to drown my sorrows in after he left. We have now survived a little over a week with him gone and hopefully not much longer.

Anyone know someone who needs a house?

1 comment:

TURNER TALES said...

Thanks for posting ALL the pictures!! Looks like you all had a great time!! I was looking at the pic with your kids on the walker and thought, "I wonder where that is?" DUH!! then it dawned on me!! Your kids are so cute and getting big...ger (Tyson)!! Love you all!! Now you need to update on Texas!! ;)