Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Month of May

May was a busy month and there are lots of pictures to go along with it.  We had friends move away, made a trip to Arizona, decided to take a new job, Tyson finished preschool, my sister came to visit and we had a garage sale.  Pretty crazy, but we had lots of fun. 

Our good friends, the Songsters, moved away for residency.  Tyson and Lauren were great buddies! Stephanie and I were too:)

Scott had a work conference that he conveniently scheduled in Arizona! We decided to tag along with him and spend some time with family.  We packed the trip full and one of the days headed to the Phoenix zoo. Tyson instantly asked for a map and was our self-designated tour guide. You can tell he is already thinking about where to go next.  That's the Howard furrowed brow going on there.

In front of the elephant exhibit, minus the elephants.


Poor goats...

Scott, in the meantime was put up in a fancy 5-star resort where his conference was located.  I took the liberty of going to stay with him for a night and enjoyed some quiet time at the pool.

I slept in and then went to lounge by the pool.  You'll notice that I'm in the shade and my legs are still white but its hot in Az. and I didn't want to burn! Its not every day that you get such fine treatment so thanks mom for watching the kids!


I knew the kids were well taken care of! Tyson loves any attention he gets!

We went to the park with cousins and played around the house with all of grandmas fun toys.


We also went to a friend's farm to ride some ponies, which the kids loved!  He had cows, chickens and horses, but Tyson said it wasn't a real farm because it didn't have pigs.  Always the realist.


We went swimming in my grandpa's pool which brought back lots of memories from when I was a young.  We've had lots of summer bbq parties with family in that pool!


Cousins! Graham- 20 months (brother Steven's boy), Clay-2 1/2 (brother Mike's youngest), Camille, and Tyson.

We also played slip-n-slide. It looks like Tyson's got the hang of it but really he just ran, knelt down, then laid down and didn't go anywhere.  Meanwhile Graham chilled at the end and enjoyed the show.


Don't you just love that chub of a boy! He and Camille are only 3 months apart!



Wouldn't be a true family vacation without community bathtime!

My camera died over Easter, so these are picture of them in their Easter outfits a month later!

It was also Mother's Day while we were there, so here's the best family shots we could get.


Me and my Mama!

Tyson's last day of Pre-school with his teachers. He loved Miss Barb and Miss Susan and they loved his "inquistive personality and cute questions."  I bet I know what that really means:)

My sister came over from Denver for Memorial Day with her 2 oldest (other 2 were sick at home) in an improptu visit because we knew it'd probably be the last before we move farther away.  I roped her into helping me with a garage sale ready to make some big bucks. I mean, look at this stuff...who wouldn't want to stop here??

Well apparently a lot of people didn't want to stop here. It was a very long, slow morning! And I made about $44 total! haha! I still have those plates for sale if anyone wants them!

The bright spot of our garage sale was my cute nephew who diligently stayed by his stand to sell lemonade!

The boys went to the spash park in the neighborhood. Tyson said he needed the goggles to protect his eyes.

My sister and I sipping rootbeer floats on the back porch!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I'm glad you posted that picture of us. I don't have one. Busy May and June and probably an even busier July. We miss you guys.