Sunday, October 26, 2008

Pumpkin Patch...

There's a great pumpkin patch here in Omaha..actually Gretna, Nebraska and we got a good deal on tickets from Scott's work. It's a pretty big production (similar to Cornbelly's at Thanksgiving Point but bigger). Saturday was a fairly nice day (60 deg) so we decided to take advantage of it because I think it might be the last for awhile. I've always loved to go to pumpkin patches and of course it provided some good photo ops for Tyson. I totally forgot to bring Tyson a jacket (I know bad mom), but we had lots of blankets, his gloves, and hat that hopefully kept him warm enough. We didn't stay too long, but got to see pig races and some animals that Tyson didn't know what to think of. We are excited to go next year when he will be able to enjoy it a little more. Scott was good to let me take lots of pictures. My camera wasn't working at the beginning when the light was better and I was so sad, but after working (and stressing) with it for awhile, we got some pictures and I was a much more pleasant person.

Tyson thought these pumpkin things were pretty interesting.

He's pretty tall!
He mostly enjoyed eating the steering wheel of this old tractor. I didn't think I was in the picture as you can tell by the way I'm avoiding the camera.
Enjoying the pig races.
His hand looks like a catchers mitt in this one..its so big!
This was the face as we were loading him in the car. He was done!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

How special that both my girls have their childhood dreams fullfilled with their trips to the pumpkin patch. Actually... we never went so that you could enjoy this special time with your own adorble children. Wasn't that selfless of me!!! Too funny that you both had your dreams fullfilled on the same weekend. Have you been talking? Kidding aside, I just wish I were there to enjoy with you. Tyson continues to grow and change. He so cute!! Love you, MOM

Hafen Crew said...

It looks like you had a fun time at the pumpkin patch. I love that they had pig races. You have one cute little boy. Does he always smile? He's lookin' pretty slim these days. So what's he going to be for Halloween since he's outgrown his hotdog costume?

McKelle said...

Cute pics! Looks like you had a good time! And by the way...BRRRRR!

Kristin said...

How fun! Pumpkin patches are the best. My favorite part of fall. We are now down to less than on month. I hope it comes fast.

Shanna said...

How cute! I love the pics! :)

Anonymous said...

You guys are such a cute family! Looks like such a cute place. We just went to Cornbelly's a couple of weekends back. one thing about Utah - they're pumpkin patches are way better than Arizona's :)

Get Bent said...

Looks like a great pumpkin patch! Pig races huh?? Too cute!