Thursday, November 13, 2008

Finally!

We closed on our home yesterday! I was so excited all morning and couldn't wait until the walk through. It doesn't really feel like its ours..mostly because I'm still in my stupid apartment as we speak! We're trying to shuttle all our boxes over between now and Saturday and then move the big stuff that morning. Which includes our bed. I just want to sleep in our new home already and I'm seriously tempted to just put the blow up mattress on the floor.

Here were are laying on our new carpet. Scott was good to comply with all my strange picture requests. I still need to take our family shot on the outside of the home, but it's been rainy and muddy outside.
Sitting in front of the fireplace.
In the cubby hole above the fireplace. Our new kitchen. I love Tyson's huge smile in this one.

Tyson has been doing this funny, cheesy face thing where he smiles, scrunches up his nose, squints his eyes, breathes through his nose. It makes me laugh. His two top teeth are also coming in. They seem big...not that anything on this kid is small. Scott and I are already worrying that he'll get either of his parents bad teeth genes.
Tyson is not crawling as of yet, but he can get up on his knees and rock back and forth. Then he just falls flat on his stomach. Kind of like a belly flop. Hey...don't judge him...its hard to get that 25 poundish body moving.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW, Finally a home. You two have patiently paid your dues and I am so happy. It looks fun to decorate. Maybe Santa will bring you some things for your new house. (Oh, I think Scott is Santa... does he realize that?) Love the kitchen and of course my cute baby. Can't wait to hold him (if I get a turn) in 8 days. Don't grandma's get priority? ( Oh, and it is 86' today in Arizona if anyone wants to visit. I hear the golf is great this time of year??????

Ashlee said...

Very nice!! It looks so cute. I am so excited for you guys and can imagine your impatience. Good luck with the moving process, it stinks but is all worth it in the end! See you next week!!

Kristin said...

Love love love the kitchen! And Tyson's smile is so big in that picture because he knows where food is being produced.
P.S. He looks more like you in the last picture.

JP said...

Yes I agree with Kristin, the kitchen is awesome! I'm so excited for you Kimmy! I hope all the big moving goes well on Saturday. Taryn and I are going to the UT/BYU vball game tomorrow, we'll be wishing you were there and cheering as hard as our little hearts can for our alma mater. Just thinking of you!

TURNER TALES said...

Congratulations on the HOME!! It looks like a nice home. I like the kitchen also!! Can't wait for you to come next week!! Good luck with all the moving and fun stuff like that!! See you soon!! xoxo!!

Hafen Crew said...

WAHOO FOR THE HOUSE.I love the kitchen it is very nice. Good job with picking the colors. You can do some fun stuff with that cubby above the fire place. Good luck moving. I hate that part. I hope you have fun decorating. I always seem to do that before I finish unpacking. Tyson is such a cutie. My kids have big teeth up top too, maybe they look so big cause their mouths are so small...we can hope right. :)
See y ain a few days.

Shanna said...

I love it! And I am not at all jealous! ;) Take more pics when you get all moved in! Good luck! :)

DK Johnston said...

Guess what.....we closed on our house yesterday too!! YEAH FOR US!! We are moving in tomorrow as well. Your house is SO very cute. Good luck and have fun moving!! I am still in denial that I have to unpack again. I can't believe Tyson is getting his top teeth, I love that scrunched up smile! Lincoln STILL does not have any teeth. Poor guy pretty much just swallows everything whole.

Sheila said...

AWESOME!!!!!!! I'm so excited for you to have that KITCHEN!!!! AMAZING!! We're right behind you...just another year or so!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Kim!!

So I think I'm doing this right... I am new at the blog thing so bear with me! :) Your home looks so pretty! I'm way jealous... we're in a little apartment, hopefully we'll be there in a few years. Absolutely gorgeous! AND Tyson is SO cute! I want a little boy so bad! :) I can wait though, I have Taylin to keep me busy. But how cute is he!? You must be so proud! Being a mom is great huh? :)

The Runyons said...

Congratulations Scott & Kim. Tyson looks just has excited as you guys do. You've done a great job on all your selections. I LOVE the kitchen. Can't wait to see it with your personal touches. We are very excited for you!!

Erin said...

That is so exciting! It looks so nice! I hope the move goes well and you settle in quickly. Tyson is absolutely adorable and seems to keep getting cuter and cuter even though it's hard to believe that's even possible because he's so stinkin' cute!