Friday, April 24, 2009

Fun in the Sun!

This past week, I found some cheap tickets and headed to California for my cousin's wedding. It was an added bonus that my parents, brother and sister and their families were there too.
Tyson and his grandpa. Tyson is now walking these days. Slow but steady.
Grandpa Turner and the 5 boys. My sister and I showed up at the wedding wearing the exact same style shirt, just different patterns. She and I both got them at Kohl's without knowing the other one did. I guess you can tell we are sisters when we buy the same outfit even though we're many states away. We felt like the Bobsy twins.

On Saturday we went to the beach. Tyson loved the water even though it was so cold. He especially loved the mud and would pick it up and throw it or put it in his mouth.
More of all the grandboys. He kept wanting to walk further and further into the water! After leaving Newport area, I drove back to Bakersfield with my sister for a few days. I also had the chance to spend the evening with Mike, Susanne and Easton and stayed up way to late laughing. Luke, who is my sister's youngest and 6 months older than Tyson, had a love-hate relationship. This is one of the few times they would actually sit next to each other. Tyson liked Luke alright, but every time Tyson would come near, Little Luke would scowl at him and say, "No, no, no." He even said that to tyson, while he was asleep in his carseat while driving. By our last day there, I guess Tyson had had enough of this treatment and bit Luke on the arm. I don't even know where it came from. They weren't fighting or anything, just sitting there. I guess Luke's arm looked like a tasty chicken wing. I do hope that behavior won't continue. Random. Sorry little Lukey!
Austin however, loved Tyson and was always curious about what he was doing. He was my little buddy too. In this next picture they look about the same size (they're really not though).

It was a very fun trip...Thanks for putting me up Kristin!

6 comments:

Kristin said...

I can't believe you beat me to the post. You are welcome to come any time, but I guess its my turn. It was so fun for me to have my sister in town.

melbel said...

Sorry for laughing so hard at Tyson's biting incident, but "chicken wing?" Hahaha! You're so funny! :)

Sometimes the spontaneous trips (especially to the beach) are the best memories! I love the matching shirts!

Hafen Crew said...

It's great that Tyson and Austin look the same size. We were always so amazed at how big Austin was and now look at Tyson. I loved the video of him tackling poor Easton.
I hope he doesn't continue biting. Chance has started biting his sister. He gets her finger and her shoulder. Naughty kids I tell ya.
Ps...the shirts are cute, reminds me of when you were younger ;)

Stephanie said...

For my sister's wedding I went shopping for her to find a dress for her wedding luncheon, (because she of course didn't have time to do it herself). I picked it out and bought it and it turns out that my sister from Idaho showed up at the reception with the exact same dress. Same color and everything. Glad your trip was fun. Glad to have you back in Nebraska

Elissa said...

He is so cute! What a fun trip. Love the pictures.

JP said...

Good times! I love the beach pictures. Any cheap flights to Utah??? :)