Tuesday, April 28, 2009

With a Quack Quack here...

I know the title doesn't really fit but it's all I could think of. Sometimes that's the hardest part of the blog. Anyway, Tyson and I went to the zoo with some friends last week. It was in the 80's and was a great day to be outside. We spent some time in the aviary under a gazebo type thing and it felt so nice in the shade. Tyson loved being able to walk around and got very dirty doing it because he has a harder time walking in shoes. Poor kid, has feet like Fred Flinstone and can't fit in very many shoes that are made for new walkers. He is quickly growing out of a size 5! We had lunch there and another mom we didn't know came and was also feeding her 2 boys. Sure enough, Tyson thought what they had was better than what he was getting, so he started to grab food from their little bowl of Trix cereal. Other snacks are so much better than your own. Some fell on the floor and he made sure to clean up the mess! I let him. Oh well. This one picture I got was when he took his bag of fishy crackers and sat on the bridge to eat them. Or fell down and decided it was too much work to get back up again and was content to finish the bag right there. He did find out how to stuff the crackers between the railings on the bridge. Some birds eat fish, right? We didn't see too many animals this trip, but I bought a season pass, so we'll be going back. His favorite animals were the ducks. If I'd have known that I would have taken him to the local pond. We also saw some goats in the petting farm that he didn't know what to think of and tried to follow into their home. We also had Tyson's 1 year pictures taken (just 2 months late). He was a busy little squirt and it was hard to catch him still for more than a few seconds. I can't complain too much because he was a happy little guy.My little cutie pie!

9 comments:

LindaLou said...

My, do I have memories of that zoo! I bet Tyson is alot easier to push around than Robin was! He is such a boy. Glad my pics are on the way. Ransom works!! MOM

Shanna said...

How cute! Glad you had fun at the zoo! :)

Stephanie said...

I think that is so funny that Tyson tried to go in the little goat door. All I can say is that I hate the goats. Tyson's one year pictures turned out cute and the outfit is adorable. I remember trying to pick out outfits for our family picture that cordinated and I about went crazy.

Kristin said...

He is such a curious little guy, always on the move. I'm glad he didn't try to chomp down on the animals like he chomped down on my son!!! Just kidding, Luke has forgotten unfortunately for you I have not. :)

Hafen Crew said...

Those are some really cute pics! I love our zoo here. We've gone quite a few times. I thought your zoo would be free. They are here, weird huh! I just love his smile! Aren't you so excited to have Kristi so close? We need to plan a weekend soon! We should all get together for the 4th of July! We can get together before then too, but I was just thinking of our own little flag ceremony...we could do it here, the people already think we're CRAZY!!

JP said...

I'm so glad I'm not the only mom that lets her son eat his spilled snacks off the floor! You crack me up. That's great that you got a season pass, that will keep you busy this summer. And I love Tyson's one year pics, what a sweetie! Oh, did you get the email about the alumni reunion in Sept?? Can you make it? It won't be fun without you!!

kimberlee said...

Kimberly...It's Kimberly (Wheeler)! I don't really have anything to say about the blog...Just hello! Got here from Ashley's blog. I hope you are all great! Love ya!

Amber said...

Tyson's pictures are so cute! It does get harder to get good pictures once they can move around. I still need to take Makenna to the zoo some time. You'll have to let me know the next time you go!

Jen Cardon said...

Hey, Friends!
Tyson is getting so big! You look great--and Im happy you are doing so well!