Friday, May 29, 2009

Check-up time

Tyson had his 15 month check-up today and the results are in: Weight- 33 lbs. Height- 35 1/2 inches. He is doing fine on everything else, just on a much larger scale than most! He is starting to repeat lots of words and has got lots of animal noises down. The other day, he was going through our DVD's (aka...pulling them all out) and he had "The Testaments" video out and he points and says, "Jesus." I was just beaming with pride, thinking he was so smart, while giving him lots of praise, until he pulls the next DVD out, points to Chris Tucker on the cover of Rush Hour and says, "Jesus." Guess we'll have to work on that one some more.
Anyways, we finished the tree ring that I talked about in our last post. Tyson was a big help as you can see. As we were stacking the bricks, he climbed right in the middle of it and starts throwing the soil and mulch out of it. He thought it was a grand ole time.
He also likes to climb on our kitchen chairs (and then on the table), our ottoman, and his newest find, into the cooler which I had out. That kept him entertained for about 20 minutes which is a long span of time!
We also took a trip to the zoo last week. They have a really cool jungle area with lots of animals close by to see. He liked the monkeys and would keep making the "aah, aah" monkey noise.
And this last picture just because I love his fat thighs and legs in those cute pajama shorts. They kept getting wedged up between his thighs and his diaper.

10 comments:

Hafen Crew said...

He is just too cute! I love those thighs, looks like Logans ;) Way to go on him even saying Jesus..that's not something I can get my kids to say! Your tree ring looks really nice! Way to go Scott! Maybe we should come to your house for the 4th instead of Kristi's.

Amber said...

That is pretty funny that he called Chris Tucker Jesus! I need to get your email address so that I can send you some of the pictures I took of Tyson eating ice cream last night...they are pretty funny. You can email me: amberjpawlowski@yahoo.com

Stephanie said...

Jeff was going to offer to help with the retaining wall, but Scott said that is was already finished. I said "must have been a small retaining wall." It looks really good Miss Landscaper.

Anonymous said...

Wow, you didn't tell me he was climbing on the table. Grandma had better get ready for a busy week with Chub of Love. Actually, I can't wait. We love you happy gardners! MOM

Get Bent said...

That is so hilarious about the Jesus thing. I love the things little kids say!

Deanna said...

People tell me Keaton's big all the time, but he's only about 3 inches taller and 5 pounds heavier and he'll be three in August...he's so cute

Ashlee said...

Wow - he is one big kid!! I can't believe how well he is getting around. He sure is a cutie.

Lizi said...

Hi Kim! I saw the link to your blog on Amber's site. It's so fun to see what your family has been up to. I bet you're LOVING the new house. I can't believe how much Tyson has grown, he's such a cutie!

Kristin said...

Maybe we should have put mom on a weight lifting regimen to get her ready for Tyson.

Holly said...

33 lbs! Yes, he is definitely larger than most, all those tall genes. Abby just turned 3 and isn't 30 lbs yet, although she looks pretty chubby especially in her belly.