Sunday, May 10, 2009

All work and some play!

Happy Mother's Day! Here's what happened when mom took the day off of feeding Tyson lunch....
He improvises and it's off to the bath. (It's a yogurt and he can't get his hand in there and can't figure out how to totally work the spoon, so he's trying to drink it out.) This kid is a funny one and there are many times a day where he makes me laugh and a few times that drive me crazy. But I do love being a mom and I'm sure glad and thankful he's mine! I sure do have more of an appreciation for my own mother. Thanks mom and Happy Mother's Day!

We've been trying to get a lot of work done around the house lately, especially while the weathers nice, and I thought I'd share some of what we've done (only a select few have even shown interest, so it'll be boring for the rest!)We had to invest in a lawn mower. Looks like this is what Scott will be doing every Saturday. Lucky him!
Tyson is all boy. He loves being outside and especially finding this little dirt patch in our front yard. He loves sitting in it, playing with it, and yes, even eating it, and will cry when I bring him in the house. He loves going for walks and just being out back walking around in the grass. Maybe I'll be lucky and get some sun while being out there with him.

Below is the same dirt patch after we finally put flowers and shrubs in it! There's 2 shrubs in the back that are supposed to grow 3 feet tall (cross our fingers) and another bush that will blossom with flowers. Yay! I couldn't decide on other perennials to also put in it this year. It's such a commitment to plant flowers that will grow back over and over, so I just planted annuals this time around. They look small, and they are, but I'm hoping they will grow or I'll feel really bad about my first experience "gardening." The very first row, after planting them, I found out are actually shade plants and this part gets lots of sun, so I don't expect they will survive the summer. Oops!And last, here are some curtains I made to go over my kitchen sink (I scanned up so you can't see the dirty dishes). They actually weren't to hard to make. It's been fun being busy with the house. I'm not sure Scott enjoys it all that much but I sure am. My list is not done yet for him!

10 comments:

Amber said...

What fun projects! Yogurt is one of the messiest foods...Makenna always makes a huge mess, but she loves it. Sorry about her always joining your row during Sacrament meeting! I guess she just likes you guys better, or at least likes all of Tyson's books better!

Stephanie said...

Maybe we should sit by you during Sacrament meeting, because I know Lauren like Tyson better than me. Yeah for your little dirt pile. It looks great all planted.

Anonymous said...

LOVE the curtains!! way to go!!! miss you!!

TURNER TALES said...

I like how you admitted to scanning UP to avoid the dirty dishes!!!! You're definitely your grandmother's granddaughter!!!! The yard and house are loookin' good!!!!

TURNER TALES said...

P. S. AND so is the Chubba-Bubba!! He is so cute!!

Kristin said...

good job sister! It looks like you have a huge yard. I'm sure scott will enjoy it for about 2 months.

Ashlee said...

The yards there are huge!! Yeah, good luck mowing every week. The curtains are very cute and I am very impressed with your sewing skills. And... I want to know how Tyson compares to Cole. :)

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to come babysit. Only two requests. Mow the lawn before you leave and stock the cupboard for "chub of love". I am proud of your fun! MOM

Hafen Crew said...

Way to go on the curtains!! How big is your backyard? WOW!! Oh how I love that they boys do the mowing, don't ever start or you'll be doing it for good! ( a little advice from my mom ;))

melbel said...

K, love the curtains still! One of these days, I'm going to gain the courage to make some of my own...with your tutoring, of course!