Tuesday, September 29, 2009

I'm an old Ute!

This past weekend, Utah volleyball had a big reunion. They were celebrating 35 years of Utah volleyball and my coach's 20 year mark. So we drove out half way on Wednesday and got there Thursday afternoon. On Friday night, they played BYU. It was so fun to be a part of and to see old friends. During the 2nd and 3rd game, all the alumni came out on the floor and lined up by the decade they played in. Utah won the game in 5 and afterwards, we went to a reception where we had food, told stories, and laughed a lot. I do miss my old teammates a lot! We also got this really cool jacket which of course, you can never have too many Utah jackets!
Some of the girls I played with! I played and lived with Jackie all 4 years (on my right) and it was so fun to see each other and our boys and catch up!! Lots of memories!

All these pictures are taken by Harold, the man in the middle...a super fan! He emails them all out which I'm glad because sadly, I didn't get any pictures. (And Kat, if you are reading this...you are such a dork..but I have to admit, so funny!)

A picture of the family. They gave us little bags of popcorn which kept Tyson still and in his seat for a little while. He did really well considering how loud and late it was. Scott did run around with him in the halls for a couple games so that I could enjoy myself!

On Saturday we had a sand volleyball tournament and it just reminded me again not only how long I've been away from volleyball but how out of shape I am. It was fun and I got a little sun as well! We squeezed in as many visits in our trip as possible, seeing my grandparents, aunts and uncle and my brother and wife. It was non stop trip of things planned and our little man was super! We drove all the way home on Sunday which was long but pretty easy with Tyson. Although I don't think we gotten in the car since we've been home!

8 comments:

Ashlee said...

I wish I could have seen you while you were here. It would have been great to catch up. I LOVE your haircut and I can tell you are still losing weight - you look awesome!

Michelle said...

Hi Kim, I was checking to see if you had pics of the weekend, because as we know - Jackie has been slacking on her blog lately, anyhoo You look so great and little Tyson is such a sweetie! Am glad you all had fun. Tell your family hi for us.

Kristin said...

I agree with Ashlee way cute hair. What a hottie with a naughty body? Do you remember when I used to say that.

JP said...

Hey mom, I resent that comment. But it is true. Wasn't it a great weekend though! I had so much fun hanging out when we did, and don't sell yourself short...you played awesome on Saturday! I think for both of us being a little rusty we did great. At least it was a blast. When you coming out again??!!

Anonymous said...

Hey girl, you look great in those pictures. I do love the hair cut and can tell you have gotten skinny. Way to go. I miss the volleyball years. I think back then we had a life!! We miss you and cute "chub of love". We miss Scott too!! MOM

The Holmes said...

Oh how I wish I could have gone! It sounds like it was tons of fun! When are you coming to visit your loving parents in AZ? We need to get together girl!

melbel said...

Wow, what a whirlwind trip! Were you in the car longer than you were in Utah??? We've done that before.

Glad you were safe. We really miss you guys!

Hafen Crew said...

Your hair is really cute! When did you cut it? I'm glad you got to hang out with everyone, and had a fun weekend away. My parents were thrilled you stopped by the hospital. They loved seeing you and Tyson.