Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Lessons Learned During FHE

During a family night lesson the other evening, we were going over some of the pictures of Christ in our picture book. One of the first pages we turn to is Jesus walking on the water. I explain to him what's happening in the picture to which he quickly replies, "Silly Jesus." I wish I could explain the tone of voice he said it in. Almost like a "that's ridiculous" type intonation.

We move on and get to a picture where Christ is reaching out to the children and we are explaining that He is nice to everyone and loves them and is so soft when He touches them. To which Tyson interprets and says, "We don't hit Jesus." Can you tell we often talk about being soft when we play?

His attention span was actually a lot longer than normal. Especially during the prayer which we mentioned before hand that there was ice cream pie for a treat. Never have I seen that child sit so still. It sure is a funny age and fun to watch him try and put his thoughts together as he speaks.
And I even have another post below!

6 comments:

JP said...

I love that gospel picture booklet! Between that and the nursery manual, our FHEs are taken care of :) I love the things he said, what a smart boy! How you feeling lately? Sorry about the early mornings, maybe it's just getting you back in the habit for when baby girl comes!! How lucky, you'll already be in the habit of not having much sleep:)

Stephanie said...

Tyson must have learned the lesson from FHE Jeff told me about the soft and gentle hug he gave Lauren today at the park. Jeff said he had no idea that Tyson could run so fast. I wish I could have been there to see it. Hilarious.

5:30am? YIKES!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hafen Crew said...

First off...The Early morning stuff would kill me, especially being pregnant. Tyson is super funny, I love all his little comments. I hope you get to nap while he's napping. See ya next week.

LindaLou said...

Can't wait to see you guys. I hope Tyson is ready for lots of kisses. Be safe and see you soon.

Danielle said...

LOL. Atleast he knows to play soft!

Porters said...

Kim, I love reading your posts and seeing cute Tyson. I cannot believe the picture of him in the crib! He is so tall. I can't wait to see him in person sometime. Maybe if Sean gets married soon or something. Tell Scott I said hello.

Julie