Saturday, July 10, 2010

Family Reunion-Turner Style

Since I'm behind on blogging, I figured maybe if I put lots of pictures in, that will make up for it! This past week we had a family reunion with just my parents and siblings and our kids and it was a super fun, busy week. Living in 5 different states makes it kind of difficult to get together regularly, so we really took advantage of spending lots of time together. We shared a condo in Park City and were able to see and do lots of fun things. Day 1 included a trip to Lagoon. And here I am riding one of the very few rides I could go on (being pregnant and all). Tyson really liked the rides. You could never tell by some of his expressions in all the pictures because he would just stare, straight-faced as if observing and taking it all in. Totally fits his personality. But when we went to get him off, he would always say "Again!" after every ride. Luckily Grandpa and Scott were able to ride lots of rides with him.
2 of my sisters kids, Austin and Luke with Tyson. My Grandpa Evans also made the trip up and spent some time with us at Lagoon. Here they are, with cousin Easton, taking a break in the shade and enjoying a sucker. I know...we are starting to look a little hot and sweaty so it was nice to sit and enjoy a train ride for awhile.More blank stares...

Day 2, the boys went golfing in the morning and we met them for lunch at a fishing pond near Heber. These 2 boys loved throwing rocks (and sometimes duck poop) in the water and I thought for sure a couple times Tyson was going in as well. That evening we had family pictures taken, which I'm so excited to see. My little studs are posing during some down time. Men wore white polo's, women wore turquoise shirts and all the little grandsons wore these matching striped polo's.After 2 busy days we still had energy to play the family card game of "Oh Heck." Its a little tricky playing with so many people, but still fun to sit around together.
Day 3 involved the girls going shopping at the Outlets (a must while in Park City), while Scott took Tyson on the Alpine Slide (another must). And later that evening, we stopped by my aunt and uncles house with all my cousins there to eat, play, and set off fireworks. Happy 4th of July!Tyson thought the fireworks were pretty cool and would shout out all the colors he would see.
Day 4 consisted of really swollen feet and ankles...and our return trip home. My brother Mike, sister Kristin, me, and brother Steven the morning we left. Next time I'll open my eyes.
We had a ton of fun and were completely exhausted afterwards. Thanks Mom and Dad for setting the whole thing up!!
In other news: I'm less than 7 weeks away from delivery date (I'm planning on being induced a week early, hopefully on the 26th of August) and can't believe this second half of pregnancy has gone by so fast. And no, we still have no name ideas for this little girl (well any that we can agree on). So feel free to shout some out to us!

8 comments:

Sheila said...

Oh what I would give to be a foot taller!! I'm bigger than you and I'm only 19 weeks...this is not fair! You look so great!!! I loved reading this post...I swear, if we lived by each other we would totally be friends! (wink)

Kristin said...

suckers...I didn't get a sucker. How rude! just kidding. Fun times were had for sure.

Matt and Amie said...

What a fun little reunion!! I love seeing the pics of your family. I miss your parents! And you dont even look pregnant Kim! You look so great!

LindaLou said...

It was such a fun time. I loved every minute. You don't look pregnant in the siblings pictures... but I did see those swollen feet. We sure love you all!
Mom and DAD

Megan said...

Great pictures! I love your yellow shirt in the fireworks one, really cute! It looks like you guys had an awesome time. I love Park City in the summer time; I'm so jealous.

Ashlee said...

It was so great to see you guys!! I really miss being able to get together with all of you. We are always bound to have some pretty crazy times when we're all together. Good luck with the last few weeks and I can't wait to see your "petite" baby girl!!

Hafen Crew said...

It was so good seeing you! It looks like you guys had such a great time. You don't even look like you have a belly in the sibling picture. You are tiny! I'm excited for you to have your little girl!

Tyson and Angela said...

It's ridiculous that you don't even look pregnant in some of those pictures! It looks like you had lots of fun! Loved the pics!