Monday, April 25, 2011

A Career in Golf??

Arnold Palmer, Phil Mickelson, Tiger Woods, all had to start somewhere right? That's what I keep telling myself while watching Tyson in his golf class. That, and "Breathe, Kim, breathe." Our local community center had a tot (3-5) golf class and I thought we'd give it a go as his first "organized" sporting activity. He does good for the first twenty minutes (its 45 min. long) before he comes over looking for a snack in my purse. He likes to tell me everything he is doing or repeat to me what the instructor has told him to do. Its just a special time. This was actually one of his first shots where he did pretty good. He's coming to tell me what he just did and then it goes downhill from there... Here, he's investigating/reading what's on the flag. Hey, its important to know what you are putting to!And last but not least... he is doing snow angels on the gym floor. There are no words. It's probably best Scott can't witness this in person or else he might have a heart attack.
To give him credit, he is a young 3 year old and its right during his naptime. We have one more class tomorrow and I'll have to catch some more pictures and video to share. I do have a great time watching him and its hard to not get too involved, but that's the beauty of letting them learn for themselves, right?

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

I love it. The snow angels on the hardwood floor. Golf is boring. I would probably be doing snow angels right next to him if I had to take that class.

And those carts. Just wait until the day that they don't have any available and your child refuses to ride in a "normal" cart. FUN.

Kristin said...

I bust out laughing when I saw the snow angel picture!!!! Awesome.

Shanna said...

LOL!! I am laughing so hard right now. I love the snow angles!! lol I'm so glad my son isn't the only one like this. We tried a gymnastics class last summer and that didn't go well at all! lol

Hafen Crew said...

LOVE the snow angels! That is awesome, I wish we had something like that!