Monday, August 8, 2011

July Howard Reunion

We had the opportunity to head off to another family reunion with the Howard side. It was in Duck Creek (near Cedar City), Ut and the weather was fantastic. A great break from the heat/humidity we'd been having in Nebraska. It was a quite a drive though and we split it up, driving 8 hours to Denver to stay the night with my sister and then heading 10 more hours to Duck Creek. We've got a DVD player in our new car (another blog in and of itself) and Tyson was in heaven.I love the big earphones stuck on his head too. I think this was Camille on the 13 hour drive back home...she was not amused.Camping is a little boy's heaven. Once there, Tyson wasted no time getting re-aquainted with his cousins and playing in the dirt. (This is Scott's brother's daughter, Laynee who is one month younger than Tyson) I'm telling ya...pure heaven!!


(two more cousins joined in the fun...Brigitte, 5 and Zade, 4)



One morning, a couple of us snuck off to Cedar City to catch Harry Potter 7. A pet store brought snakes to the theater and this is one of Scott's triplet sister, Jessica, holding a lot of snakes!One afternoon was spent throwing rocks in a river and climbing on logs with Dad and Uncle Sean. A worn out Camille and Scott. Thanks for putting them to sleep, Jess!Scott's dad rented out this lodge that had a room for everyone! Here we are gathered around playing a traditional game of Trivial Pursuit that I think lasted until around midnight.
We drove up to Sandy and got in around 7:30 pm to see my grandparents and to celebrate Scott's birthday. Then we left the next morning to head home. A lot of driving in a short amount of time but worth it. Camille shares her birthday with my Grandpa Turner so I was glad to get some pictures of them together!
Most of Scott's family also drove back up to Sandy and had Cafe Rio dinner and Cold Stone Creamery cake ready for him when we got back from my grandparents. Then they had a ping pong tournament which his sisters had rigged so all the boys could end up playing each other and ultimately Scott and his brother Gary would play for the championship. Well, somehow I manage to work my way up and beat Scott in the semi-finals and spoiled the whole outcome. Oops! And on his birthday of all days! Sorry Scott!

3 comments:

LindaLou said...

This looks like a great time. Would love to have a picture of the ping pong tourney!! Camille has such big eyes. I sure miss these kiddos.
MAMA

Kristin said...

FINALLY!!! Okay I'm not saying this to be rude but I'm warning you it may sound rude. The picture of Camille looking a little grumpy in her carseat. I actually see a lot of you in her. See I told you that sounds bad.

Hafen Crew said...

Way To go Kim! Ruin all the birthday fun :) sounds like you had a fun quick trip. I love Tyson and all the dirt picture, that kid is hilarious. Funny thing, (totally out of the blue) chance asked I it was Tyson he played tag with so I said yes and then h asked when he could play with him again. Those two are quite the pair!