Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Cliffhanger and Catch up

So I left you all hanging after our little mishap in Wyoming. We made it safely here to Nebraska at about 9:30 at night. About 8 or 9 men from our ward's Elder's Quorum (bless their hearts) were here waiting for us in about 90% humidity. They were able to unload our truck in about an hour! We were up until about 1:30 that morning putting beds together and getting a little organized. Needless to say, we were exhausted! The next day at church, people were talking about a storm that hit. Apparently, the tornado warning alarm had gone off around 2:30 and a huge storm came through with a tornado touching down about 10 miles from where we live. Scott, his brother, me, and Tyson slept through the whole thing! Oops! People in the ward had to go to their basements. Not us, we like our beds on the second floor. Here are some pictures from the past couple weeks that I missed as well as some from our move!


Memorial Day had miserable weather and my extended family wanted to have a picnic outside. It was freezing and wet and we were huddled up in blankets. Isn't my grandpa cute?

It was much better once we got to go inside and warm up. Thanks to my Aunt and Uncle Turner for letting us invade their house! While inside Tyson got to hang out with my cousin Marissa's twins. They are 2 months older than him (he's in the middle). What a big dude!

My mom came up from Arizona to help me pack and watch Tyson while I finished teaching school. It was no easy task, but she did awesome! I needed her in a big way and she saved me lots of stress. Thanks mom! Here is Tyson resting on her (she didn't want to be in the picture, but she dressed Tyson so cute that day that I had to take a pic).

Lastly, Here are some pics from moving day. Thanks to all who helped.
Don't pack Tyson!

Scott's dad is an expert packer. We were sure glad to have him there organizing things. It was a pretty tight fit. (That was the first packing job. It looked totally different after the U-haul people had to load it to a new truck.)


Our family right before we left. I hate to admit it, but I'm really gonna miss this place. It's been good to us and we loved the people here. Good-bye Orem, Hello Omaha!

5 comments:

Hafen Crew said...

Kim...I can't believe you slept throught the whole siren. They are loud. Okay so you were all exhausted. I can't wait for those nights :) I'm so sorry your move was pure chaos. WOW...you poor girl. And to think you get to do it all again when your house is done. LUCKY!!

Ashlee said...

Tornado, what tornado? Maybe it's a good thing that you slept through the whole thing being the very first night you were there and all. I've been through one tornado experience in my life and that was enough for me. Talk about terrifying! Best of luck...and try to listen for those sirens, okay? (BTW where do you find your blog backgrounds? Cute!)

Anonymous said...

I love my little Orem/Omaha family. My chiropracter says I'll recover soon from tending "little" Tyson. Chop Chop... get those boxes put away! Love, MOM

Kristin said...

Sorry sis, I need to call you and check in. I think your baby is now the size of mine, and mine isn't small. I love the picture with you and grandpa...priceless.

TURNER TALES said...

Kim, I hope that you've got those boxes all unpacked...no blogging until they're unpakced!!!! Stay safe and sleep a little lighter so you can hear those sirens!!!!