Wednesday, June 25, 2008

First Swim!

Okay...I guess you can't call it swimming if both baby and mom don't get in past their knees. Maybe a proper title should be "First Attempt." We got Tyson all ready, sprayed him down with sunscreen (which he hated) and took him to the pool in our complex. This was a gutsy move by me as this being my first time in a swimsuit after Tyson was born and making my appearance in public. I'm posting the picture too, although I'm trying to use him as a human shield (thanks for the tip McKelle). Anyways, I dipped Tyson's feet in the pool and he yanked them back out a couple times. I let them stay in for a bit longer and he started to cry. Frankly, I'm glad he didn't like it because it was too cold for me, and I could use him as my excuse to get out. Needless to say, this whole trip last 5 minutes and I wasted a perfectly good swim diaper. We'll have to try again later because I love his chubs in his swimsuit and he looks so cute in his swim towel!
Please ignore the pasty white bodies of both mom and baby!

14 comments:

DK Johnston said...

Kim...you crack me up. Oh and I love the towl. So cute!-kristan

TURNER TALES said...

Hey from one pasty white to another, you won't hear any comments out of this peanut gallery!! You're all looking pretty good - chub o'love just keeps growing and growing!! Any news on the house? And THANKS for telling me Jackie had her baby!! (NOT) love you all!! FAJ

Kristin said...

I love the last picture. He totally has a cranky, 'I can't believe they brought me out here for this!' face. He sure is cute and huge!

Kristin said...

p.s. You are posed in the picture like mom does with your head slightly slanted. Daughter like mother

Hafen Crew said...

He looks so cute in his swim suit...the little rolls and all. Too bad he wasn't too into it. I think my kids did so well cause Lisa's pool is heated.

You're just as skinny as ever. NERD!!

Erin said...

That sounds like how our first swim attempt with Bryson went last summer in the condo pool.

He is seriously such a doll!

Just out of curiosity, who did they call to replace you as Primary president?

Lynnsey said...

I love how huge your kid is!

Anonymous said...

I love your brave attempt to swim. Forget swimming. You need to sit and get sun in the lawn chair. No excuses!I expect to see a serious tan line by August! Love my Omaha clan!
MOM

Elissa said...

Oh, don't you just love the first swim. He is so cute and big. Kim, you look great!

Get Bent said...

I miss my complex with the pool...
that towel is too cute. I like your cute suit! :)

Anonymous said...

That picture of him in the towel is just adorable... oh my goodness. He is precious - I just want to squeeze him!

JP said...

I wish I could kiss that little chunk of love! Every pic of him makes me smile. And you are looking GREAT! Have you been secretly sneaking in some old workouts? I know how much you loved them. Yes, your swimsuit is very cute. And since Scott hasn't been mentioned on the comments yet, tell him he looks GREAT as well! All this attention for you and Tyson, and poor Scott is getting left out. Tyler said to tell him he looks hot. Much love!

McKelle said...

Kimmy you look so good holding the little chuncky monkey!! Atleast you attempted the pool, it took me like nine months to even think about a swim suit and I live in AZ where I think you and Scott should consider moving back some day (soon) so we could stack a rec. vball team! That would rock! SO just tell Scott that I need you and let me know when you'll be back! Love ya

Anonymous said...

You know your cousin Jared can take care of all of his swim accessories needs?