Sunday, December 7, 2008

A lot of everything

So I've been out of the blogging loop for a little while. Getting back from Thanksgiving vacation, and then trying to organize our mess of a house this week has been quite a chore, so my apologies to my sister...the blogging nag...that I have not posted! Thanksgiving and the weekend prior were quite the whirlwind of events. My little brother got married so we got to spend some time with lots of family which was fun, yet loud with all the little kiddos (10 kids under the age of 6) around. We went to the Utah-Colorado State volleyball game, watched the football game (Go Utes) and saw Twilight, oh yeah, and had a wedding/reception in there too! Lots of fun!

My Grandpa Evans and sister, Kristin


The newlywed couple....very cute

That drool is all-natural baby!

Yes...his shirt does say, "I was Born Awesome" When you are 10 pounds at birth, you are allowed to wear such shirts..shout out to Rissa in the background.
Volleyball game with old teammates and roommates Jackie w/Cole and Taryn. It was so fun to meet up with them again and visit! Jackie got this next great shot of Tyson...I love it! Aren't you glad I'm raising him right?? (Eat lots and cheer on those Utes!)

Thanksgiving with the Howard side was fun too! Definitely louder than home and Tyson had some adjusting to do but did well. He did get sick and got the rest of the bunch sick too, but what else to do you expect with 12 grand-kids running around! I don't have any pictures of Thanksgiving because my camera went on the fritz (as seen with the volleyball one above), but luckily I got up early with the rest of the crazy bargain shopper people in Utah and hit the sales. I got a great deal on a new camera and felt the adrenaline pumping as my sister-in-law and I maneuvered through the crowds of people at Target to get it and other big deals! We hit 4 stores in 4 hours and had so much fun. It was the first time I had ever gotten up early to go and definitely got rewarded! Wahoo!

Lastly, since being home, I've been on Scott to go and get a tree with me. It has been cold here recently, though no snow, and I knew our good luck would run out. Thanks to the advice of ward friends here, we heard of a place called Santa's Woods. You park by this barn, take a hay ride pulled by a large John Deere to a "forest" if you will, and browse around looking for the "perfect tree". Once found, they come and cut it down for you, haul it away to shake it and wrap it up in netting for you. Meanwhile, you ride back to the barn, drink free hot chocolate, drive back down to have your tree tied on top of your car for you!! Such great service! You'd think with all this, the tree would be expensive, but only $6 a foot. And being the bargain hunter that I am, discovered that if you bring some cans of food in, you get 5 bucks off! So we got a 6 foot tree and all that service for a whopping $32! Silly me, forgot my camera so you'll just have to envision it all. I got one picture once we got home. They probably hated tying it on our little car, but what are you going to do? We will definitely be going back next year camera in hand!


Our redneck version of getting a Christmas tree....tie it to the top of your little car! And that is Tyson asleep in the backseat.

8 comments:

Kristin said...

Thank you sister! The blog was well worth it. I like the picture of Grandpa and us but was your camera on the fritz in that one too?

Ashlee said...

Nebraska isn't such a bad place after all, is it. You have AWESOME pumpkin patches and Christmas tree lots. That sounds like it was so much fun. It was so great to see you guys and spend some time together. Too bad we can't get together more often. Although, I'm not sure I can handle all that noise too often! :)

Megan said...

Really fun pictures! It sounds like you guys had an awesome time in Utah! We are going up there on the 27th because Brittany (my niece) is getting married on the 30th. Hopefully it won't be too cold! Are you guys still coming down to AZ for Christmas?

Sheila said...

Great updates...I'm so happy that your sister Kristin is a blog nazi. I love seeing what's up. Looks like your Utah trip was totally great.

melbel said...

Yay, you made it to Santa's woods! Fun, huh? And you got $5 off for bringing in canned goods? Missed that memo! Oh well, there's always next year. :)

Deanna said...

Look at those chubby legs! I love it!

Hafen Crew said...

I love the pic with your tree on your car. You're almost midwest, now you need to haul livestock in your car and you're a hometown hottie! The Utah bum in probably the best pic of the year. Those rolls....they are so stinkin' cute!!! I'm glad I'm not there for the stinkin' cold. Ryan said it is miserable. It's still pretty nice in Utah. I'm glad I got to see you! We have to meet in the middle now...when the snow and ice storms are over though ;)

DK Johnston said...

Looks like lots of fun. Love the picture of Tyson's behind. So cute. Maggie found a picture yesterday of Scott holding her at the ward Christmas party. She was like, "Look mom!! It's Uncle Scott!" You have to tell Scott that he is now officially Uncle Scott.