Friday, March 20, 2009

Utah trip

It was a fun trip to Utah and now I've finally gotten around to blogging about it. As I'm downloading pictures I realize I didn't take all that many. Oops! We enjoyed the funeral and it was a beautiful day. This may seem odd to some, but I've only been to one funeral in my life and that was when I was in the 7th grade for a boy in my sunday school class. I've only been to a few viewings and I've never experienced the interment/graveside dedication of the grave, that I can remember. I realized how fortunate I am to have my family with me. All 4 of my grandparents are living which is a rare thing and I'm so grateful I've grown up with all of them. Scott was a pallbearer and also played the piano for his sisters who sang at the funeral and it turned out really pretty.

All of Scott's siblings were there. It's fun that Tyson has lots of cousins, one that is only a month younger than him. He didn't really interact much but I'm sure he'll have fun when he gets older. We attempted to get all the kids lined up on the staircase for a picture and it was a little crazy. Tyson did not enjoy being picked up too much. There are 12 grandkids under the age of 10 with one more on the way (not us).
While in Utah, I was able to visit my grandparents and aunts and uncles. My cousin Kyle, who just got back from his mission in Taiwan, happened to be in Utah on a ski trip with his dad (they are from CA). I missed his homecoming but got to go out to dinner with them in Utah. When we get together it's always a lot of fun!
(notice the huge drool stain on Tyson's shirt...he's getting in 3 teeth..lovely)
I also saw my bro, Steven and my new sister-in-law, Chelsea. She makes a fun addition to our family. I got to play the Wii at their place, but unfortunately didn't take any pictures of it, but that's really ok. You don't want to see something that uncoordinated. (I'm talking about Steven of course;)) Tyson did great throughout the trip. He's a good little traveler and we were able to make the drive between 13-14 hours. It's always good to be back home and in our regular routine.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Trips are always really rough on the routines. Lauren doesn't sleep very well for a week after a trip. Hope that Tyson is more flexible for you.

Anonymous said...

I just love it when any of our family gets together. Looks like you have a fun time with Kyle. I noticed that Steven was the lucky one to hold the "chub of love". That takes muscles for sure. Love you guys, MOM