Monday, March 2, 2009

Happy Helper!


I forgot to add that for Tyson's birthday, we went to the Children's Museum. Now I realize that he doesn't know what is going on but it was free through Scott's work and something to do on the weekend. They did have this wiggle area for babies and he loved to crawl around and explore all the toys. He also had his 1 year check-up shortly after his birthday and he's doing great. He was the biggest ham in front of the doctor showing her all his tricks like waving and patti cake and "so big." A ham...in this family? No way. He weighed 29 lbs 12 oz and was 34 1/4 inches tall. He's still not walking which is ok. He's busy enough already. In fact, I'd thought I'd share how helpful Tyson has been since he's turned 1.

He opens the door to the basement, plus others.

He helps me get the appliances out of the cabinets for dinner.



He likes to unload the dishwasher.


(He makes a beeline over to it when its open and crawls right in)

And best of all, he'll help me with the laundry! He's great at pulling it all out for me.

How lucky am I to have such a big helper around the house? Next up...yardwork!

5 comments:

Kristin said...

Ummm, hello, I posted two in one day to make up for it. Geessh! Tyson is ohhh so helpful. Good luck with all the help. PS Luke has those same green jammies. They are my favorite.

Megs said...

He's so cute :) what a great little helper ;) i can't believe you have a baby that's already a year old!

Stephanie said...

Lauren loves the dishwasher too, she is great at unloading the dirty dishes (go figure)But really she does help with the laundry, she grab a handful and take to our bed (that's where I fold the laundry) But it is tough to be encouraging when they really aren't very helpful.

Anonymous said...

How funny. Babies aren't supposed to reach door knobs at one year old. He makes me laugh even from miles away. Love him, Grandma

Hafen Crew said...

You probably have one of teh cutest helpers yet! How fun that he's so into helping you, and why do babies love the dishwasher? They think it's the greates thing to climb in.