Friday, March 27, 2009

Raining chocolate

So, I was making myself a little snack (a graham cracker with peanut butter and chocolate chips...a treat only my mom could teach me) and as I was pulling out my big costco sized bag from the cupboard, something else fell and I tried to catch it. In the process, the bag tips over and starts pouring chocolate chips all over the counter (it was a full bag). Quite a few also fell on the floor. No big deal because guess who is there to help pick them up?? My little shadow! He was parked right in front of me on the floor and was part of the reason I couldn't properly grab hold of the bag. That and all my plate chargers he had pulled out of the cupboard. As I'm hurrying to gather all the ones on the floor, I can hear his little excited laugh as he's hurrying to shove in as many of the chocolate chips as possible. I picked up most of them before I took the picture.
Wow! Thanks mom! You can see little chocolate leftovers on his chin.
Later, as I'm changing him out of his pajamas, I find this... ...a big chocolate smudge on the middle of his back! How in the world did it get there? The only thing I can think of is after this happened, he wanted to cuddle with me on the couch because he hasn't been feeling good. So with the combination of his feverish body and leaning against me, I guess it just melted right where it landed. He's his momma's child all right!

9 comments:

Kristin said...

First, I'm so proud of you in our span of blog posts this week. Second, I laughed out loud while reading this post. A)because I fixed that exact treat for my family yesterday as an afterschool treat and B) because of the melted choc. chip. I wish we would have kept track of melted hershey kisses and choc. chips on random items. Great Post.

Rhapsody Phoenix said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rhapsody Phoenix said...

ha ha ha....delightful tale. You know kids loves all of that. The run away chocolate chip probably fell in his shirt and when he layed down it melted....lol, lol.

Here's a tip.
Use a plastic air tight jar/container, preferably twist cap (as it won't open until you want it too) to store your chocolate chips in.

You have a beautiful baby

Megs said...

haha! that is so awesome! it's good you had someone to help you clean that up. i don't know what you would have done without him. :)

Anonymous said...

Now I know why I love this boy so much. He loves chocolate like his Grandma. I have found melted chocolate chips in LOTS of places.
He and I will get along great in June! Love, GRANDMA!

Anonymous said...

haha, this is an awesome story! lol. the melted choc. chip is hilarious, and so random! i just might have to try out that treat now, because it sounds REALLY good!

Stephanie said...

Its like Lauren and the Reddi Whip. I just can't get over the happiness candy brings to kids. I'm a sucker I guess.

Ashlee said...

I love it! How come we've never heard of this treat before? Sounds like a good one - I think I'll have to try it.

McKelle said...

HA HA! Are you sure that was chocolate?