Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Cute girl

On our way home from the hospital with little Camille and a bow! (She left the hospital at 8lbs 15oz.
Big brother holding little sister for the first time.3 days old...Tyson wanting to join in on the picture taking...he's been a great big brother!Day 4 (Monday) sent us back to the hospital. Our little girl had quite a high jaundice level and had to be placed in an incubator under light and attached to an IV. We checked in at 2 that afternoon and had to stay the night. It was oh so fun and I didn't handle it well at first, but we adjusted and made it through and checked out at 4:00 the next day. Poor girl had to wear these foam goggles. I could only take her out to feed her and then put her right back in. Mostly she was sleeping when I put her back in but sometimes she was awake and I felt so bad to cover her eyes up when she wanted to look around. Picture time! Sure love this sweet girl. She's been really great so far with all this hospital visits and heel pokes to check her blood. There are 4 prick scabs on each heel. So sad, but she is on the mend and we are enjoying having her home finally!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

fWell as I am here in person... I can vouch that she is as pretty as these pictures show and no matter what anyone says she is small and precious. Kim is a great mom and we are so happy she is finally home. I do LOVE the bows!!
MOM

Sheila said...

OH MY WORD!! She's sooo cute!! (sigh) what a sweet girl. How sad about the heel pokes! I feel so bad, but I guess they forget soon. SO glad you guys are home and welL!!! YAY!!!

*It's really hard to not live through you a little right now. I have so much anxiety!!!

Sheila said...

Oh yeah, and that bow is SUPER cute!

Ashlee said...

She is so cute! I'm sorry to hear she had to go to the hospital, but I'm glad she is doing better and back at home. Her outfits are adorable and isn't it just so much more fun to dress girls?! Keep the bows comin'.

Shel said...

Congrats Kim, she is SO incredibly cute! Deep down I'm a little jealous of the bows. I'm glad that she is home and everyone is doing well!

Shanna said...

how sad for her. But glad she is on the mend. How are you feeling? I hope you are on the mend after having such a big baby! Get rest and congrats on her. She is absolutly adorable! so happy for you guys. :)

Matt and Amie said...

Oh she is so cute!!! Her bows are adorable! Have fun dressing her up! :)

Stephanie said...

Oh, I didn't know that she had to go back to the hospital. Did you have a room to stay in or did you have to sit in her room all night? That is the saddest thing in the whole world to not have your baby be at home. (I know). Lauren was in there for nine days, and everyday they said we would be able to take her home, only to be told that we couldn't. It is so emotional. Glad that she is home and hope to see her again. She is soooooo cute.

melbel said...

She is beautiful! Sorry you've had a rough week...no fun! Emily still has little scars on her poor heels from all the pokes. Hope you're handling things okay...let me know if you need anything! She's a sweetheart.

Turners said...

What a little cutie!!!! Congratulations, we are so happy for you guys and we can't wait to meet her in person :)

Tyson and Angela said...

Oh Kim! She is beautiful! I am not sure how I would have handled going back to the hospital to have her be under the lights, but I am glad she is doing better. She really does seem so sweet! It looks like she has quite the long toes! She may just be a baller like her momma! ;)

Get Bent said...

OMG she is adorable Kim!!! Congrats!

Hafen Crew said...

She is sooo precious! I love all her little bows and outfits! I'm glad she's doing better!

DK Johnston said...

SHE IS A CUTIE PIE!! I'm sorry that you had to bring her back to the hospital...that's so hard. I hate how they have to prick their little feet when they have jaundice. I remember Isaac getting pricked so many times I wondered where they would even find a new spot to do it! Poor babies!